Orange Signs New Eight-Year Partnership with Confédération Africaine de Football as Official Sponsor of 5 Major CAF Competitions from 2017 - 2024
The eight-year sponsorship also covers the Total U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, the Total Women Africa Cup of Nations, the Total CAF Champions League and the Total CAF Super Cup
- Starting with the Total Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Gabon in January 2017, Orange has extended its sponsorship with the Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF) to include the 2019 tournament in Cameroon, the 2021 tournament in Ivory Coast and the 2023 tournament in Guinea.
- The eight-year sponsorship also covers the Total U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, the Total Women Africa Cup of Nations, the Total CAF Champions League and the Total CAF Super Cup.
Putting fans’ passions at the heart of Orange’s sponsorship
The Total Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) is the biggest football tournament across Africa and the Middle East. Today, Orange (www.Orange.com) has signed a new eight-year contract to be the Official Sponsor and CAF (www.CAFonline.com) partner, extending a successful sponsorship partnership that dates back to 2008. Services to support the partnership will be provided by Lagardère Sports. The new partnership covers:
- The Final tournament of the Total Africa Cup of Nations (2017, 2019, 2021 and 2023);
- The Final tournament of the Total U-20 Africa Cup of Nations (2017, 2019, 2021 and 2023);
- The Final Phase of the Total CAF Champions League (2017 to 2024);
- The Final Tournament of the Total Women Africa Cup of Nations (2018, 2020, 2022, 2024);
- The Total CAF Super Cup (2017 to 2024).
Bruno Mettling, Deputy CEO of Orange, and CEO of Orange Middle East and Africa, commented: “Football is the number one passion of our customers in Africa and the Middle East, and we’re delighted that our new partnership will enable us to bring them even closer to the events and things they love. These flagship competitions in African football generate an incredible spirit of unity across communities and people, and Orange is proud to reaffirm its commitment to supporting football, as we have done for nearly 20 years. Innovations that Orange has developed, like the Orange Football Club digital platform, are particularly popular in the countries where we operate and play a vital role in supporting football fans across the region.”
Rewarding and recognising fans with powerful experiences
The core objective of Orange’s sponsorship strategy, Orange Sponsors You, is to give fans the recognition they deserve by putting them centre-stage, turning the spotlight on them and rewarding them for their passion.
Launching in Mali first, Orange will be doubling the amount of data in its offers to help enable fans to stay on top of all the football action. The Total Africa Cup of Nations is Orange’s biggest event across Africa and the Middle East, and fans can also look forward to unique experiences, events and offers only through Orange, including:
- Live football action in stadiums: almost 30,000 match tickets to be rewarded to fans for their passions over the lifetime of the partnership (over 1,000 for the Total Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon in January 2017);
- Fan of the Match: Exclusive to Orange, the fan that stands out the most at every Finals match will be singled out and recognised by Orange as the tournament’s official fan of the match;
- Warm-Up: At each game, three fans will get privileged access to watch the pre-match warm-ups.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Orange.
Media Contacts :
+44 (0)7818 848 848
+33 (1) 44 44 93 93
Orange (www.Orange.com) is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 40 billion euros in 2015 and 154,000 employees worldwide at 30 September 2016, including 95,000 employees in France. Present in 29 countries, the Group has a total customer base of 256 million customers worldwide at 30 September 2016, including 194 million mobile customers and 18 million fixed broadband customers. Orange is also a leading provider of global IT and telecommunication services to multinational companies, under the brand Orange Business Services. In March 2015, the Group presented its new strategic plan “Essentials2020” which places customer experience at the heart of its strategy with the aim of allowing them to benefit fully from the digital universe and the power of its new generation networks.
Orange is listed on Euronext Paris (symbol ORA) and on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol ORAN).
For more information on the internet and on your mobile: www.Orange.com, www.Orange-business.com or to follow us on Twitter: @orangegrouppr.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trademarks of Orange or Orange Brand Services Limited.
About The Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF) :
The Confédération Africaine de Football (www.CAFonline.com) is a non-governmental international organization and the governing body of football in Africa. It currently organizes 11 championships, including the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) and the African Nations Championship (CHAN). Based in Cairo, Egypt, CAF was founded in 1957 and has 54 member associations. To learn more: www.CAFonline.com.
About Lagardère Sports:
Lagardère Sports is a leading sport marketing agency, with a global network of local experts dedicated to delivering innovative solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We believe sport inspires emotions and passion that are essential to enrich people’s lives and generate powerful collective experiences. At Lagardère Sports, we dedicate our expertise and passion to provide our clients with privileged access to the infinite opportunities of sports. Lagardère Sports is part of Lagardère Sports and Entertainment, a company with more than 1,600 employees worldwide and 50 years of experience.